Frequently Asked Questions
- If I have a doctor’s referral for another physiotherapy clinic, does that mean I have to go there for my physiotherapy?
- No it doesn’t — even if you have a referral identifying a specific clinic, it is always your choice where you would like to go to receive care. Things to consider when deciding where you would like to go: types of services available, clinic reputation, clinic’s hours of operation, location, staff qualifications
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- Cash, Cheque, Debit, Visa and Mastercard
- Do you do direct billing to extended health benefits?
- Yes — there are several extended health carriers that will now allow us to bill directly to them for the physiotherapy services that you receive at our clinic. Below is a list of those insurance companies that currently allow us to bill directly:
Every few months we receive information from the insurance industry that indicates when other insurance providers may begin to allow direct billing for their policy holders.
- Blue Cross
- Great West Life
- Green Shield
- Standard Life
- Terra Nova
- The Cooperators
- Industrial Alliance
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance
- Johnson Inc
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit or Johnston Group
- Sun Life Financial
- Equitable Life
- First Canadian
- Johnson Group Incorporated
- Claims Secure
- Can you find out information for me from my insurance company about my physiotherapy coverage, such as how much coverage I have, what % of the fee they cover each session and whether I require a physiotherapy referral from a medical doctor to have my treatment covered?
- Unfortunately we are unable to—Due to confidentiality laws in the Province of Ontario, insurance companies are not permitted to provide physiotherapy clinics with such patient-specific information when they request it, both over the phone or by written correspondence. The client must request this information directly from the insurer themselves.
- Do you offer acupuncture?
- Yes we do offer acupuncture
- Do you service workers with a WSIB claim or individuals that have been in a motor vehicle collision?
- Yes we do.
- How do I get to the clinic? Where is it?
- Map to our clinics
Take Hwy #6 south to Fergus (which becomes St. David Street North once you enter Fergus). Once in Fergus, pass Gordon Street on your left and Impact Physiotherapy and Performance is located in the plaza on the right. If you get to Walmart, you have gone too far.
From Downtown Fergus:
Take St. David Street North/Hwy #6 towards Arthur. You will cross over Garafraxa Street at the traffic lights; pass the St. John’s Catholic School on your right, as well as an ESSO Gas Station. We are located in the plaza on the left just past Walmart. Our entrance/exit is off of St. David Street/Hwy #6. (see map below)
From Highway #6 South:
Cross Highways #6 and #9 and at the first set of lights, turn right onto Charles Street (the Royal Bank and the Arthur Thrift Store are on that corner.) 110 Charles Street is the first building on the right hand side of the street. We are located on the 2nd floor inside the Arthur Family Health Centre (above the public library).
From Highway #6 North:
Once in Arthur, at the second set of lights, turn left onto Charles street (the Royal Bank and the Arthur Thrift Store are on that corner.) 110 Charles Street is the first building on the right hand side of the street. We are located on the 2nd floor inside the Arthur Family Health Centre (above the public library).